Day Camp Discovery
Discover our new one-week day camp. This innovative program promises to balance your family’s busy schedule with the importance of providing your child with a summer camp experience. Camp is where children form relationships, gain new skills and make lifelong memories. With all of this in mind, we are proud to introduce Day Camp Discovery.
Brooks School Summer Programs works diligently to ensure our camps are relevant, engaging and meaningful for every participant. To put it simply, Day Camp Discovery focuses on providing a camp experience that balances play through indoor and outdoor activities. Experienced group counselors lead kids through a wide array of activities, including archery, boating, discovery blocks, gymnastics, sports, swimming, and so much more. To top it off, each week of camp is themed with numerous special events.
- Engineering Discovery Block
- Robotics Discovery Block
Day Camp Discovery is divided into three groups according to the age and grade of the camper.
|Entering Grade (Fall 2019)|
The morning Extended Day Program begins at 7:00 AM. Drop-off and check-in are held at the playground. Brooks School Day Camp staff members provide supervision. At 8:30 AM campers join their regular camp groups. In the case of rain, Extended Day will take place in the Athletic Center.
The afternoon Extended Day Program begins at 4:00 PM and ends at 6:00 PM. Supervised free swim, playground activities and a snack are provided. Again, in case of rain, the Extended Day Program will take place in the Athletic Center.
Campers must be picked up by 6:00 PM in front of the Summer Programs Office. Parents are required to show proper identification and sign campers out with the Extended Day Supervisor before leaving. There is a late fee for pick-ups after 6:00 PM.
If your needs change for the Extended Day program, requests must be made in writing to the Summer Programs Office.
- School Bus Monitors ensure the safety of all children as they are transported to and from camp.
- High-definition GPS systems, providing exact location and speed of a school bus at any time.
- Child Check-Mate System® is an on-board electronic reminder system that reminds drivers to check for sleeping children before leaving the bus.
- Flashing lights and extended stop arms warn motorists that children are boarding or unloading.
- Buses that are digitally monitored by four (4) cameras located throughout the vehicle.
- Well-anchored seats with high backs and heavy padding create a protective seating area.
- Drivers who are highly trained professionals with specialized training in student behavior management, loading and unloading, security and emergency medical procedures.
8:00/4:43-Chandler Road & River Road (Red Bus)
8:03/4:40-Woodhill Middle School (Red Bus)
8:03/4:34-South School (Blue Bus)
8:06/4:37-St. Roberts Church (Red Bus)
8:07/4:32-Town Market-429 South Main Street (Green Bus)
8:09/4:30-Route 125 & Gould Road (Green Bus)
8:10/4:33-Haggetts Pond Road & Lowell Street (Red Bus)
8:11/4:28-Extended Stay America (Red Bus)
8:12/4:28-Duck Pond-Argilla Road & Andover Road (Blue Bus)
8:14/4:25-Route 125 & Salem Street (Green Bus)
8:15/4:25-Chestnut Street & Whittier Street (Blue Bus)
8:20/4:19-West Parish Church (Blue Bus)
8:20/4:19-Amberville Road & Turnpike Street (Purple Bus)
8:24/4:16-Holly Ridge Road & Johnson Street (Green Bus)
8:25/4:16-Haverhill Street & North Main Street (Blue Bus)
8:29/4:13-Salem Street & Summer Street (Green Bus)
8:34/4:08-Chadwick Street & Sutton Street (Red Bus)