Summer Program Cancellation Update

Dear Summer Camp Families,

I hope you are doing well amid the current challenges and uncertainty that we are all facing. I also want to thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the spring as we analyzed our options for our 2020 summer camps at Brooks School.

The safety of our camp community is paramount in the construction and execution of all of our summer programs at Brooks, and our focus on proactive safety measures is a significant component in our recipe for the creation of unforgettable summer experiences. From our remarkable camper-to-staff ratios to our incredible swim program, to our investment in on-site nurses, we devote a tremendous amount of time, thought and resources to ensure the safety of all members of our community. We take great pride in knowing that we build an environment where parents and guardians feel confident that their children are engaged in programs that prioritize safety above everything else.

As you can imagine, the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced new, enormous challenges to our focus on proactive safety at our camps. We have been tirelessly working to determine how we can safely host camps that meet the external and internal expectations of our programs.

With summer quickly approaching, we are mindful that our families and our staff need to have a clear vision of what the camp season will look like. That vision needs to be communicated sooner rather than later so that each member of our community can make informed decisions about how to manage their unique individual situations.

In consideration of the factors mentioned above and with a very heavy heart, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all sessions of Brooks School Day Camp, Broadway at Brooks, Summer School, and Leaders-In-Training scheduled to occur between June 22 and August 14, 2020. We will immediately begin the process of canceling registrations within our system and issuing refunds. Refunds will include all registration fees, tuition, and session options. Because of the large number of refunds that we will be processing, we are asking that you please allow four weeks for these refunds to be processed.

I apologize in advance for any hardships resulting from the change in our camp schedule. Please know that this safety-based decision was one that we hoped we would be able to avoid, but we are confident that this is the right approach for the health of our camp participants and the safety of the greater community as a whole.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact my team or me. In the meantime, be safe, be well, and we look forward to welcoming your children back to Brooks in 2021.


Jacob Andrus, Director of Auxiliary Programs